Old October 30th 03, 09:58 AM
Tomas

Default Problem: Compaq EVO D310 vs Nvidia Graphics Card.

Hi!

I have a big problem with a Compaq EVO D310 and a ASUS V9180 Magic/Geforce 4
MX440 (AGP). There's an integrated graphics interface at the motherboard of
the Compaq that probably refuses me to install anything new cards. I have
tried to plug in the new graphics card to the compaq but it does not work in
*any* way. I have done everything from resetting CMOS to upgrade the bios -
as told in the manual. Nothing works. Is there any way to disable the old
graphics interface so I can use the new card? Really - nothing works for me.

When I start the compaq with the new graphics card I get a signal - 1 long
signal and 2 shorts - which means that the graphics adaptor missing or is
installed in the wrong way. Suggestions from the manual was to reset CMOS
etc. That did'nt work out for me either.

I tried to install the card on two different machines and get the same
problem.

What can I do? Help me!

Regards
Tomas