Old May 14th 04, 12:27 PM
David Maynard

Beemer wrote:

In article ,
says...

Beemer wrote:

I have run my P111 at 140MHz FSB on my QDI Advance 10b M/B. I tried to
raise it to 150MHz but it would not boot. Now for a reason I do not
understand I cannot run at 140MHz as XP bluescreen crashes out with
qucik flashed message roughly about possible driver/dll corruption.
Temperature never reported higher than 58C.

What should be possible?

Beemer

That when you had it overclocked to 150 it corrupted files on the hard
drive (probably because of the PCI bus being overclocked 25%) so that now
XP can't run at any speed because those files are corrupted.

David,

Corruption has not prevented restart of XP provided that bios is
returned to default by battery removal.

Beemer

There ain't no BIOS alive, or dead, that can make XP boot if the system
files are corrupted.