Old January 14th 08, 10:09 AM posted to alt.computer, alt.computer.workshop, alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
sandy58

Default A couple of internet veiwing problems

On Jan 13, 5:47 pm, wrote:
I use an old, slow, Windows 98... Recently I have
been unable to veiw maps at Yahoo, though I did
manage to see a couple after a looooong wait
from Map Quest. I used to be able to see Yahoo
maps with no problem, so???

This is maybe related: Lately some of the web
pages/sites I go to don't show a full page on my
monitor, but instead cut off the left side even when
the slider across the bottom is all the way to the left.
I can highlight text that's too far left for me to see
and then copy it to somewhere that I can read it.
It only happens once in a while...so far...but it never
used to.

I just tried it (demo) & it moved by the "hand-shaper" cursor using
mouse. Moved no problem. BTW is this a USA thing? When yours is
"working" does it slide easily or what? If it's a bit jumpy at times
then it's not your PC but more like the source.