Old December 10th 07, 08:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
John Adams[_2_]

Default P5K-VM memory advice please

Steve S wrote:

I've used Asus motherboards for many years without any serious issues.
Occasionally, a BIOS update is required to solve a minor problem, but they
are generally very reliable.

Has anyone here purchased a recent P5K-VM without an issue? There are some
(Googled) reports of an "Overclocking failed" message, even without
overclocking. This appears to result from the user operating the power
button twice, when the first press causes the system to start but only
briefly. Another three to six seconds of delay then follows when the user
(rightly) initially believes the system is still off. This second press
causing the BIOS to report POST errors.

Thanks again.

Oops, I had that happen on my P5K and thought it was because I was
OC'ing the cpu by 600mhz and the cpu was running too hot so I turned off
the OC until I bought a new HSF, which I never did do. Thanks, now I can
go look for a bios update to see if it is fixed.