Old December 9th 07, 04:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
John Adams[_2_]

Default P5K-VM memory advice please

Steve S wrote:
I'm looking to buy a P5K-VM motherboard with E6750 shortly. Can someone
advise on a good RAM choice, totalling 2GB please? I'm not interested in
overclocking, just looking for stability, reliability and reasonable
performance.

Thank you.

I have a P5K and have no issues, so do lots of other people. Not saying
there may not be any issues with certain hardware or configurations.
That person saying there are issues may be referring to an old bios
version when the mb was first released. That is a common complaint about
many mb's when they are first released. He said P5K and not just P5K-VM
so I assume he is referring to all P5K mb's. For decent cheap ram look
for 2x1gb of Patriot Signature Line DDR2 800mhz. That's what I use on
the P5K and have no problems, I've even overclocked this ram in the past
too with no problems.

http://www.ncixus.com/products/22489...G800K/Patriot/