Old December 9th 07, 01:41 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Default Help! Need advice on Canon i860 BCI-3e config

Taliesyn wrote:
measekite wrote:

Win 98 and the supporting hardware is to obsolete to bother with.
Microsoft stopped supporting is ions ago. It is almost like asking a
question about a typewriter.

I doubt that very much. "Ions" are atoms that have acquired a net
electrical charge. An "eon" is a geological unit of time. Microsoft has
never created software down to the atomic level. If you want to be
believed in anything you say you better get your words right.

-Taliesyn

When did you get into the 7th grade.

wrote:

I have a Canon i860 Bubblejet with the Canon Print Manager
software/driver
Ver8.03
on an old Win98 machine. Each time I try to print black text, it
insists on
printing from
the BCI-6 Black cartridge (small) instead of the BCI-3e Black
(plenty of ink there). I have been through the configuration settings
(gray-scale, text, etc.) and can't seem to get it to use the
BCI-3e. Any advice?

Thanks!