Old December 8th 07, 05:37 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Default Help! Need advice on Canon i860 BCI-3e config

Taliesyn wrote:
wrote:

I have a Canon i860 Bubblejet with the Canon Print Manager
software/driver
Ver8.03
on an old Win98 machine. Each time I try to print black text, it
insists on
printing from
the BCI-6 Black cartridge (small) instead of the BCI-3e Black
(plenty of ink there). I have been through the configuration settings
(gray-scale, text, etc.) and can't seem to get it to use the BCI-3e.
Any advice?

Thanks!

You didn't mention how you were able to tell which cartridge was being
used?

I can tell you that BCI-3e ink (OEM or true pigment aftermarket)

nothing aftermarket is true.
is near
waterproof while BCI-6 is not.

near waterproof means it is not waterproof. that is like almost pregnant.
So if you wet a BCI-3e printout it will
stay sharp. If BCI-6 black was used the ink will to feather and lose
sharpness.

-Taliesyn