Old July 13th 07, 03:05 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
André, PE1PQX

Default P5GDC-V Deluxe build

Ihatefishsauce formuleerde op donderdag :
Hi. Just joined this group because I need some help.

I have a P5GDC-V Deluxe (sat in garage for about two years until last
week)
I just got my order from Newegg:

2 WD Caviar SATA2 320GB drives
2 sony DVD burners
2 GB RAM
Mitsumi floppy/integrated with media reader (SDC, etc.)
Intel 560 3.4 Ghz P4
Ultra Xconnect 500watt power supply (waiting on the 20-24 pin power
cable from them)

here is the burning question, since SATA is a new thing to me:

I want both drives to be separate (C, D)
I want to put DVD burners (IDE) on separate IDE channels

How exactly do I do this? What steps do I take first. Can someone
explain how to do this up to and including loading the OS which will
be.........XP Pro!

Thanks to all the smarter than me people.

Hi,

Just connect the drives to thier respective connection's on the
motherboard.
Also you have to take a look in the BIOS, because there might be a
setting for the 2 SATA ports (RAID or JBOD).
One advice is: if you are not planning to use the SATA drives in a RAID
configuration, connect 1 drive first, and after OS install, the second
one.
HINT: Keep the SATA install drive at hand, WinXp install might ask for
it.

Good luck,
André