Old July 12th 07, 10:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Ihatefishsauce

Default P5GDC-V Deluxe build

Hi. Just joined this group because I need some help.

I have a P5GDC-V Deluxe (sat in garage for about two years until last
week)
I just got my order from Newegg:

2 WD Caviar SATA2 320GB drives
2 sony DVD burners
2 GB RAM
Mitsumi floppy/integrated with media reader (SDC, etc.)
Intel 560 3.4 Ghz P4
Ultra Xconnect 500watt power supply (waiting on the 20-24 pin power
cable from them)

here is the burning question, since SATA is a new thing to me:

I want both drives to be separate (C, D)
I want to put DVD burners (IDE) on separate IDE channels

How exactly do I do this? What steps do I take first. Can someone
explain how to do this up to and including loading the OS which will
be.........XP Pro!

Thanks to all the smarter than me people.