Old July 23rd 03, 12:45 AM
Bob

Default 7240 MS-DOS Compatibility Mode

Here is some info. In particular in references MS knowledge base article
Q151911.

http://malektips.envprogramming.com/95wdo0013.html

"DEJ57" wrote in message
Anyone remember the steps to cure DOS compatibility mode operation?
One was to remove the line NOIDE from the regestry, as I recall. Other

step or
two? I believe there was...

I was under the impression this condition sometimes occurs when two IDE

devices
don't get along. A 40GB HDD in my 7204 doesn't appear to be spooning with

my
Compaq 6x CDROM, or with my BIOS. I used an overlay to get by the 8GB

limit on
the 7240 but still have to F1 boot through a HDD error during boot. Since
that's true, that the 7240 doesn't really like the large drive and

overlay, it
may only run in DOS compatibility mode.

Opinions welcomed!

Dale