Old September 19th 10, 04:42 AM posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
larry moe 'n curly

Default Exceeding maximum absolute voltage

Rich Grise wrote:

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 15:59:03 -0700, larry moe 'n curly wrote:

By how much can the maximum absolute voltage of 2.3V for DDR2 DRAM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
chips be exceeded? I don't intend to do it, but I have a motherboard
that lets the memoy voltage be set as high as 2.839V, and it's maker
says that's OK, although they won't guarantee against damage.

Read your own question again, with emphasis as shown.

In other words, pretty much zero, if you want it to operate as
advertised.

The motherboard manufacturer, BioStar, wouldn't guarantee against
damage even if I never exceeded the chip maker's maximum absolute of
2.3V, nor would they guarantee that the voltage applied to the memory
would never go above that by itself, such as because of a glitch.