Old August 5th 20, 05:42 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
bad sector

Default Laptop, 1st sign of life, WHEN?

On 2020-08-05 10:17, Paul wrote:
bad sector wrote:

Aging Asus g73sw-xt1 Laptop:

After having disassembled the unit, I made many repairs including
resoldering the AC-Adapter pin. Then I reinstalled the mobo and fans
in the bottom tray. Connected the power and pressed the ON button:
nothing. I had expected the fans to start moving. There isn't a single
LED on this board to show anything. For now the question is still
relatively simple, when should I see something that says the board is
'working'?

TIA

I'd start by verifying the battery pack is connected.

Is there cabling for that ?

Then review whether the AC Adapter input path is wired up.
Some of those use a separate PCB for the connector, and the
separate PCB has to be wired up.

The power button, depending on design, also has to be
connected. It could be on its own subassembly and using
a cable.

Just do the usual things.

If you took digital camera photos during the disassembly, you
can use those for comparing the before and after.

Â*Â* Paul

Thanks

There's no battery, chucked it ages ago and have been on the AC-adaptor
since. I just finished the reassembly and it don't work. Gonnna test for
AC-adapter output this evening, then if that's OK I'm taking it apart
again while also trying to soak up one of them u-tube videos about
Laptop-TS. Never done no laptop before.