Old July 25th 07, 02:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
gg

Default how to isolate raid corruption

thx for replying.
answers inline
"Paul" wrote in message ...
gg wrote:
At the risk of starting a long thread, I need help troubleshooting my

Pc'
raid corruption problem.

....................... What are the characteristics of the corruption ?
corrupted array mostly

Are data files bad when you run md5sum on them (i.e. checksum changed) ?

If I missed the warning during the boot, Imay get
volume error, OS prompting to do chkdsk, or even mft$ error or windwsw
dealyed write

Is the array broken on next boot ?

yes in red letter during the raid detection post, I got corrupted array and
had to remove, rebuild...

What kind of RAID is it, 0, 1, 5 etc ?

raid 5 with 3 SATA Seagate drives

I see a thread about corruption in Google, but it was under Linux, and the
root cause was the GART was being used on cachable memory, when it only
supports uncached (non-coherent) chunks of RAM.

Is the motherboard model number A8N-VM CSM ?

yes

Paul