Old July 9th 07, 12:27 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam

Default Network IP Camera and Messenger Services (Windows Live Messenger, Skype ...)

On 6 21 , 12 37 , M wrote:
On 16 Jun, 11:45, HansE wrote:

Hi
look for: DCS-5300G from D-Link
Regards
HansE (NL)

M schreef:

Im looking to buy a webcam and network camera, ideally a device that
does both. I'd like to connect the device to my home (wireless)
network through my wireless router (netgear). I'd use the camera as
- a 'surveillance' device (either remote web access or email video/
phot snapshots triggered from motion sense)
- a traditional webcam (for Windows Live Messenger and Skype)

Is there such a beast?- Hide quoted text -

THanks - are you sure this device works with Internet Messenger
services (like Skype or Windows Messenger) to do 'video telephone'?

No, it does not support IM. But.. where will you do video phone and
surveillance at the same place and time? If you do need this, you may
try DCS-6620 with two-way audio.