Old August 12th 05, 05:50 AM
Zag

Or just get Spinrite.

"Rob" wrote in message
if the drive is unreadable with any other tools.....

try this

works.. 90% of the time

freeze the *******.. overnight

get ghost.. made by symantec.. a hard drive cloning utility

install the dead hard drive back.. boot up with ghost, and let the
cloning begins!

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 22:32:08 GMT, "Patrick" wrote:

The whole industry was getting poor yields and sales were down so they
decided to release bunch crappy HDs and offer 1 year or 30 day

warranties.
WD hardrives are are the best I know of.. I have 4 WD740 raptors 1 WD360
raptor and 4 80gb JB IDE drives and have never had any issues with them,,
I would stay clear of samsung fujitsu.
"Zag" wrote in message
You said it's less than 2yrs old and warranty's expired, all WD 120gb
drives
come with a 3yr warranty, look into RMA'ing it.
I'd stay clear of any WD drives, due to past experience with them.

"eb7g" wrote in message
newsNBKe.186006$%K2.81544@pd7tw1no...
I have a 120GB Western Digital Caviar that is less than two years old.

was rendering a movie from it when it froze and then nothing could

read
it again.

The computer bios will see it, but windows can't. Can't seem to access
it in anyway, even to reformat it. It spins and seems fine....

Any idea what happened, and if it's usable? If so, how, as my

operating
system won't read it. Warranty is expired.