Old May 15th 05, 09:14 PM
Ben Myers

I can only suggest what I perceive as a box built with good quality components:
Compaq Evo, Dell Dimension or Precision, IBM ThinkCentre. You won't find any of
them in retail stores... Ben Myers

On Sun, 15 May 2005 02:26:22 GMT, "Von Fourche" wrote:

ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers) wrote in message
It all depends on the model name.

I would not give my worst enemy a Compaq Presario, HP Pavilion, and

eMachines
junk. But all of these have always been lower quality systems dumped on
unsuspecting mass market buyers. With HP, the Presario is no different.

By comparison, the Compaq Evo is a respectable business-class computer,

just
like the earlier DeskPros, starting with some of the Slot 1 systems.

Consumer = cheap and low quality
Business = more expensive and better quality

Consumer is what you find in Best Buy, Circuit City, WalMart, Staples,

etc.

... Ben Myers

Ok, so what brand/model name would you recommend for the home user?