Old November 24th 20, 04:11 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.microsoft.windows,comp.periphs.printers
Arlen Holder

Default If you print from Windows 10 to your LAN networked printer - have you also printed from Android? How?

On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 19:43:22 -0000, MJP wrote:

My brother wireless printer is available to my Android devices as a print
option.

This uses the brother plug in for android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rvice&hl=en_GB

Hi MJP,

We should all be able to print directly to our printers at home
o So this is a worthwhile endeavor to try to write up a tutorial

A specific OEM printer app might be the answer, which I will try on my
o Hewlett Packard LaserJet 2100tn (Ethernet connected to my LAN router)

Using Aurora Store (which is an anonymous front end to Google Play) with
filters to filter out (a) all google apps (b) all paid apps (c) all adware
apps, and (d) all apps which require GSF (which is sort of like .NET
Framework on Windows), I found a few apps for non-HP printers such as:
a. PrinterShare Mobile Print com.dynamicxsoftware.printershare
b. Canon Print Service jp.co.canon.android.printservice.plugin
c. Epson Print Enabler com.epson.mobilephone.android.epso...
d. Konica Minolta Mobile Print com.konicaminolta.mobileprint
e. Hauwei Printer com.hauwei.cv80.printer_hauwei.abr...
f. Brother iPrint&Scan com.brother.mfc.brprint
g. Lexmark Mobile Print com.lexmark.print
h. Mobi Print for Zebra, Brother, Seiko printers com.mobiprintpro.retail.android
i. Hammer Print com.hammermill.premium
etc.

Removing the filter blocking "GSF dependent" apps, brings up HP stuff:
j. HP Print Service Plugin com.hp.android.printservice
k. HP Smart com.hp.printercontrol
l. HP ePrint Enterprise com.hp.eprint.client
m. HP ePrint Enterprise for Good com.hp.com.hpeprintservice.good
n. HP Advance com.hp.mobileconnector
o. HP PrintOS for PSP com.hp.printosforpsp
p. HP SureSupply com.hp.esupplies
q. HP QuickDrop com.hp.quickdrop
etc.

I'll see if one or more of the printing apps above works for me
given I have on my network via Ethernet an HP LJ2100tn printer.