Old November 23rd 20, 08:04 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.microsoft.windows,comp.periphs.printers
Carlos E. R.

Default If you print from Windows 10 to your LAN networked printer - haveyou also printed from Android? How?

On 23/11/2020 20.14, Arlen Holder wrote:
I need help with printing to a printer that Windows 10 has no problem
printing to, where I ask here in the hope someone here solved the problem.

If you haven't already solved the problem, then I don't ask you for how.
o I only want you to go to the trouble to respond if you already solved it!

Mostly because it's only partially related to Windows, in that Windows 10
prints fine to this HP LJ 2100 over the LAN so why can't Android also?

Maybe I can make use of some "Windows 10 magic" (somehow) to print to it
from the mobile device, which is also on the same subnet as Windows 10 is?

Two years ago I printed from Android phone to new hp printer (not mine),
connected to the router by ethernet. I just followed instructions
(hints) on the printer docs. Sorry, I do not remember the details.

In Android setup, search for "print". "Predetermined print service" is
enabled. If you tap it, it searches for printers in the LAN. IIRC, it
just worked, easy peasy.

At home, my printer is older and does not support it. I guess I would
have to setup CUPS (which I have, but not for this). I remember there
was an app that would "see" CUPS in Android. I don't currently have it
installed.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.