Old August 9th 18, 08:11 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Bill[_39_]

Default "Why I Will Never Buy a Hard Drive Again"

VanguardLH wrote:

Users just don't understand about surge current on start or thermal wear
from heating and cooling repeatedly. For example, ever hear someone
recommend to reseat the cables, memory, or some other component? They
only "walk out" of their connections due to thermal expansion and
contraction.

I understand well enough what you are saying, but do these issues
warrant going looking for trouble that you are not having? If I
hear something (like a rattling cable, recently--I go in the case
and address it). No ones life and safety are dependent on my
machine. I suspect if it did, there would be a corresponding
recommended protocol.