Old May 5th 06, 02:03 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default Going to install fresh

Hi Journey,

I can't answer your question but I have a couple of my own.

Why aren't the drivers on the install disk provided by Dell?
How do you know which drivers to download?

Clark

"journey" wrote in message
My 630m hangs for 75 seconds on the welcome screen right after the
Windows startup music sounds. I don't know what is causing it. I did
logging and the file shows that it is looking for the same drivers
over and over but Google searches didn't help much.

So, I was considering doing installing fresh without the bloatware and
this is a good time.

Basically I think what I need to do is:

- Download the current drivers to CD

- Boot from the install disk which may give me the option to wipe out
my main partition.

- That will install a fresh copy of Windows

- Install drivers.

Does anyone know if I can use an install disk from a different
computer. If I would want XP Media Center on a laptop that currently
has XP Home, can I use the other computers install disk?

Journey