Old May 5th 06, 02:15 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default Going to install fresh

"journey" wrote in message
My 630m hangs for 75 seconds on the welcome screen right after the
Windows startup music sounds. I don't know what is causing it. I did
logging and the file shows that it is looking for the same drivers
over and over but Google searches didn't help much.

So, I was considering doing installing fresh without the bloatware and
this is a good time.

Basically I think what I need to do is:

- Download the current drivers to CD

- Boot from the install disk which may give me the option to wipe out
my main partition.

- That will install a fresh copy of Windows

- Install drivers.

Does anyone know if I can use an install disk from a different
computer. If I would want XP Media Center on a laptop that currently
has XP Home, can I use the other computers install disk?

Journey

- Legally no.
- Practically, probably no.

MCE is different from Dell's version of Home and Pro in that it isn't BIOS
locked and will still require a proper key