Old July 11th 04, 12:32 PM
HH

Common misconception. I cannot speak for older HP PCs. But Compaq used to
put a tape strip seal on the back/side of many of their Presarios, but that
was just to assure the customer that their PC was, indeed, new. Of course,
it had to be broken to remove the cover to upgrade RAM, HD, etc., and doing
so had no effect on the warranty. Of course, the factory warranty would not
cover hardware added by the user.
HH

"TheGarbageGuy" wrote in message
news
Well Sorry there HH....This is what I was told by the brother-in-law, that
was told to him by the HP dude that worked on his computer. I guess thats
why I won't own a HP....Too much misinformation and not enough facts!
Thanks for the input though....It's much appreaciated!

With best regards, TheGarbageGuy. E-mail: