Old June 14th 04, 01:52 AM
Bob Headrick

"JM7" wrote in message
news
I am looking for a really quiet PC and am told that the old "compact" EVOs
were quiet. Is this true?

I believe therewas also a HP or COMPAQ DESKTOP PC that had an EXTERNAL power
supply (almost like a notebook) - does anyone know the model name of that
one?

You are probably thinking of the eVectra like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=5102138 997.
I have not used them but the guy in the cubicle next to me has several he buys
off eBay for $100 or less.

The main issue with these is expandability. I do not believe you can add
anything beyond memory inside the box. It is probably possible to upgrade to a
larger hard drive, but for the most part what you buy is what you get.

Regards,