Old January 12th 20, 09:44 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Computer Nerd Kev

Default IS this the normal shut down sound a Seagate Barracuda HD makes

Sam wrote:
On Saturday, January 11, 2020 at 2:26:35 PM UTC-8, Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
I agree, it sounds quite usual.

In other words, it sounds normal to you even Seagate's tech support
in Ecuador or wherever they are say it's not?

Like Mark P. I'm assuming that they didn't really pay attention to
the recording, maybe just following along a "script" that says to
believe that your drive has failed because you provided a sound file
as "proof" (the drive hasn't failed, but the script probably assumes
that it has).

Anyway the only sound occouring only at turn-off that I would pay
attention to would be that of a head crash. Your recording didn't
have any hints of that mini angle-grinder sound, so personally I
wouldn't have paid much attention to it if it were my drive. Indeed
I have heard similar sounds from drives being turned off, especially
audible if running them on a table instead of inside a PC.

--
__ __