Old March 30th 07, 01:58 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Ivor Jones

Default HP 1200 25 pin to Netgear PS101

"William R. Walsh"
m wrote
in message news:cqUOh.15872$oV.15766@attbi_s21
Hi!

The HP has a 25 pin
male connector, and the Netgear has a 36 pin
Centronics connector -- quite different.

Hmmm...the HP printer sounds as though it is a serial
printer?

If it is a serial printer, then it is electrically
incompatible to the Centronics connector on the Netgear
device. An adapter would have to be capable of
reconciling the differences between the serial and
parallel methods of communication. This can be done, but
it may not be cheap.

Serial parallel converters are around, but may be hard to come by these
days. I have one lying around somewhere that I used to use with a Novell
Netware server years ago, I think it cost me a fiver at an amateur radio
rally.

Ivor