Old December 24th 06, 10:09 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
JLC

Default Mouse pointer is too bright. Help Please

"Contumeliorus Florius" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 11:21:13 -0500, First of One wrote:

If you are running the default white pointer, change it to something
else,
like the "3D" shaded one. Apparently Windows renders them through
different
code paths, such that the alternative pointers receive less hardware
acceleration.

The other thing you can try is changing the "Full Screen 3D" brightness
and
contrast settings in Catalyst Control Center.

Using anything but the default mouse pointer can cause issues in some
games.

Really? I've never heard this before. I've been using the "3D" pointer since
Win '95 and I've never had a problem with any game I've played. JLC