Old February 18th 14, 12:22 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Jim[_38_]

Default Best app for partition recovery

On 18/02/2014 12:13, Jim wrote:
On 17/02/2014 18:23, Flasherly wrote:
On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 11:46:28 -0500, wrote:

All I can suggest at this point, is to think carefully about
any changes made recently. Like BIOS changes just before
it could no longer mount.

Why I like "the idea" of coming off a docking station, so far as
setting up a drive. My largest DS firmware support being 2T, I've
certainly aways to go [w/out a 3T drive to my name], although being
USB, there should be a layer [of USB transpostions, i.e., from within
the station's firmware] non-specifically addressed to the MB's BIOS;-
interesting distinction how that differs from an added SATA port my
stations haven't.

Anyways, slap up that baby upside any ol' USB2/3 port, a baseline
compliancy, and the given software/OS originally used to establish the
drive's geometry [reported to the OS] theoretically should be good to
go to work.

Well i do have an IcyBox IB-RD4320STU3 so i will give that a bash
later and see if i can get any joy from that route.

Jim

OK well after putting the drive in the enclosure and booting it up in
win7 it was not showing up in windows explorer at all so i went to disk
management and it wasasking me to initialize the disk with eityher MBR
or GPT at this point i bottled it as dont want to write anything to the
drive yet, i do have my new 3TB black here right now so i'm going to try
to clone the broken 3tb onto the new one so i can at least have a back
up of it if i do something silly, I may look at ebay and get a different
kind of docking station as to be honest the icybox i would not class as
a dockling station myself.

Jim