Old August 9th 15, 05:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
J. P. Gilliver (John)

Default Making two partition copies in turn

In message , micky
writes:
I'm maintaining two (maybe even 3) copies of my C: drive.

I've been copying everything from C to F and to H, but I'm thinking,
maybe it would be better to copy C to F and then F to H.

Why and how are you doing this? If for backup purposes, then I hope
you're doing it from outside Windows, using an imaging or cloning
software (e. g. Macrium or Acronis) on something bootable (Macrium will
fit on a mini-CD).

It would lessen the wear on the C drive, especially when I copy every
single file (except the ones I don't copy.)

As others have said, it wouldn't make that much difference compared to
the general use of the C: that Windows is doing all the time anyway.
(The point about hoping that F: and H: aren't just partitions on the
same drive as C: is also a good one; you haven't said what F: and H:
are.)
[]
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)Ar@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

I think we'd all qualify for Heaven - even Richard Dawkins, if only to
severely p*ss him off. Imagine? An eternity of knowing you were wrong.
- Nick Odell, in UMRA 2011-5-22