Old April 14th 19, 03:43 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Default Problem saving screen profile file.

On Sunday, January 7, 2018 at 5:52:30 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Hi Eric,

Now that´s a useful answer!
Works for me, phhheww

I'm all fixed now. My problem stemmed from an unpublicised change in
W7. All I had to was to start up Spyder with a right-click on the icon
and chose run as administrator. I thought I was already running as
administrator but now there are two classes of administrator and with
change I was bumped to the lower class. Running Spyder so as to save
the profile meant that I had to promote myself by taking the extra
step.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens

This is a bit late to the party, but I found a solution that doesn't require elevated privileges. I'm posting this for anyone that comes across this thread with the same issue. Granted, it may not work for everyone but I was getting the same error as OP and it worked in my case. Spyder is trying to change/delete a file in Windows/System32/spool/drivers/color and can't do it because there is a service called Display Enhancement Service which manages display enhancement such as brightness control. Disable this service, and Spyder will then be able to save the .icm file(s). Hope this helps.
-Erik-