Old March 24th 07, 07:10 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,comp.dsp
Frank McCoy

Default My Dream PC -- Silent, Cold, and Motionless

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt "geoff" wrote:

Not sure about fans but for disks, you are talking about solid state drives.
Those are available now but way too expensive for the common market.

-g

At one time, not too long ago either, a 4-gig drive for under $200 would
seem like a hell of a bargain. Two of them isn't really all that bad,
even today, as long as you're not downloading big video files.

Sombody *is* making a computer with all solid-state disk-drives ... 80
gig, as I recall. A bit pricey though, as you state.

--
_____
/ ' / ™