Old March 16th 07, 09:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Squat

Default Any views on Sapphire or Connect3d X1950 pro graphics card?

"m" wrote in message
I concur, it's not the x1950pro design that's a problem, it's Sapphire's
implementation of the cooling. There are scads of reports of large air
gaps between the heatsinks and the components, etc. I had a Sapphire card
and it crashed the system every time after about 1 min of 3D work.
Replaced it with the HIS version of the card(has much beefier cooling) and
have had zero problems with it.

I went with an HIS x1950 AGP board (based on recommendations in this
newsgroup). Installation went flawless (about 10min) and board works like a
dream. However, Check your PS specs. It requires a 450W PS for proper
operation (at least that is what the manual said.)
I upgraded to a new PS first and my pc works fine. (Also cured my occasional
fuzzy screen on boot problems...)
Squat.