Old March 13th 07, 07:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default Any views on Sapphire or Connect3d X1950 pro graphics card?

I concur, it's not the x1950pro design that's a problem, it's Sapphire's
implementation of the cooling. There are scads of reports of large air gaps
between the heatsinks and the components, etc. I had a Sapphire card and it
crashed the system every time after about 1 min of 3D work. Replaced it
with the HIS version of the card(has much beefier cooling) and have had zero
problems with it.

I strongly urge you to check the reviews on newegg and the supplier's forums
to see what problems are encountered. Sapphire's x1950pro has been a
disaster.

"Peter Lykkegaard" wrote in message
k...
wrote:

I'm looking to upgrade my graphics, does anyone have experience of
either the Sapphire X1950 pro or the Connect3d X1950 pro graphics
card.

Don't buy the Sapphire X1950Pro imho it is faulty
You might want to check the forum at
http://www.sapphiretech.com/en/forums/

Some claims that you need a PSU wich can give you 12v/30A otherwise you'd
crash the card

I have had a Sapphire X1950Pro powered by a Seasonic S12-500 and it
crashed on me after a few days
Today I have two rigs equipped with MSI X1950XT and S12-500, both runs
fine

- Peter

--
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*!
Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!