Old March 6th 07, 12:20 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Ctal

Default IDE and SATA HDD's in same machine?

On Mar 4, 9:38 pm, "Timothy Daniels" wrote:
I believe his interest in Master/Slave is for determining
which HD gets control at boot time. In most BIOSes,
this can be manually set via keyboard in the Hard Drive
Boot Order (not the Device Type Boot Order). It's
only the default HD boot order that puts the IDE HD(s)
ahead of the SATA HDs.

*TimDaniels*

I had a similar experience to Squat in that my PC would always look at
the IDE controller first. I ended up with the SATA and used my IDE
controllers for my DVD and CDR drives.