Old March 5th 07, 02:38 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Timothy Daniels

Default IDE and SATA HDD's in same machine?

I believe his interest in Master/Slave is for determining
which HD gets control at boot time. In most BIOSes,
this can be manually set via keyboard in the Hard Drive
Boot Order (not the Device Type Boot Order). It's
only the default HD boot order that puts the IDE HD(s)
ahead of the SATA HDs.

*TimDaniels*

"DaveW" wrote:
Yes, you can have one SATA and one IDE hard drive in a
computer. They would NOT be set as Master and Slave.
SATA has no Master/Slave settings. The IDE drive would
be a Master.

DaveW
"Ron" wrote:
Can I have an IDE and SATA hard-drive in the same machine?
One acting like a master the other as slave?