Old March 4th 07, 04:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Don[_2_]

Default IDE and SATA HDD's in same machine?

Trimble Bracegirdle wrote:
The answer is yes ...assuming that your M.Board supports both...nearly all
those currently
around for Home type Builders AFAIK do.
You should have complete freedom in the BIOS setup to select which order
they
come up in..you may well have to fiddle around with somewhat confusing
settings.
The M/Soft system drive 'C' will be the 1st partition of whatever drive you
select as
1st boot drive / device .
Mouse
@@@

An alternative is to get an IDE to SATA converter which plugs into the
back of the IDE drive. Esentialy your IDE drive is now a SATA drive
although it won't have quite the performance of a true SATA drive.
That's what I had to do because my DVD drives use the single IDE channel
on my motherboard.

Don