Old September 2nd 03, 10:37 PM
Kizzle

wrote in message
Hello,

I have been shopping for a system for the past week and trying to find
the best all around deal. Like most any person shopping for a
computer, I want to deal with a good company and get a great product
for a fair price. I'll tell you early on that I don't know enough to
build my own computer, but I do know enough to not buy from Dell. )
They are great for people that want an easy solution, but I feel that
they tend to cut corners and charge a little bit too much for their
systems. I am not a gamer, but I do want a system that is a slowpoke.
Basically, I want the most bang for my buck. For instance, I figure
that an AMD processor will give me more for my money than an Intel
chip would.
SNIP

Most manufactured computers I have seen tend to be junk, especially the
store bought ones HP, Compaq, etc. The best big brand I have seen is
Gateway although I don't have any experience with their ultra cheap models.
Don't rule out building your own computer because it's really not as hard as
it looks. You seem to have a good basic grasp on what components go into a
computer which is a good start. There are many free guides on the internet
along with books and videos you can buy that will help you step by step. In
the end you will have a computer that you completely customized for your
needs and learned alot in the process. And I can almost guarantee that the
parts you use will be better and faster than the ones you will get in a
cheap manufactured PC. If you're interested in building your own let me
know and I'll (along with other people on this board) give you a hand
starting out.

-Kizzle