Old November 9th 03, 09:00 PM
SSeaW

Default Presario 1525US & Fan

I have a Compaq Presario 1525US notebook and I have a fan question.

Not sure if I ever noticed this before lastnight but here goes. My damn fan
is always coming on like every 5 minutes when the computer is just idle, not
using it. No apps are open except the basics like my firewall and
anti-virus.

My processor is a desktop pentium 4 instead of a mobile, silly me I assumed
it was mobile when I bought it. I still don't understand why companies put
in desktop processors in mobile units.

Anyways do I need to make a change to a setting somewhere to stop this fan
from coming on when the computer is idle or is this normal?

Thanks.