Old August 24th 04, 01:29 PM
deimos

Larry Roberts wrote:

Found this card in a review of 3DFX Voodoo 2 cards on Tom's
Hardware
http://graphics.tomshardware.com/gra...voodoo-14.html

Was this ever released?

Yes! Very much so. The 24MB model was most popular if I remember (or
maybe it was 2 12MB's). Quantum cards were _THE_ card to get for SLI.
And Quantum always had their own drivers which were considerably better
and faster than 3dFX's.

I believe Quantum was the last major brand to make a V2. They also used
the design for military simulators and were able to use many V2's in
parallel for realtime visualization.

I don't remember hearing much about them after the Banshee/Voodoo 3
release. They could have make a V4, but I don't recall it.