Old June 5th 19, 12:39 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Boris[_7_]

Default Intel Management Engine Updates

Machine is a Dell Inspiron 3668 desktop running Windows 10 Home Premium,
1803 build 17134.765. Looks like this machine is two builds behind (.766
and .799) before even getting to 1809. I'm set to get updates
automatically, and I keep hitting Check for Updates, but that's for
another post.

Within the last few days this machine's Windows Update got an "Intel-
System-1/21/2019 12:00:00 AM-1904.12.0.1209".

(There's a button to "Install Now". or, as it says, "We'll automatically
install updates when you aren't using your device..." Well, this machine
is on 24x7 and 'active hours' are 8am to 9am, so there's plenty of time
to install, but this has never happened. I always have to hit Install or
Restart to install an update. Again, this is for another post.}

Also, Dell, through their Support Assist, keeps telling me of an Urgent
Chipset update for the "Intel Management Engine Components Installer
1914-12-0-1255".

So, Windows wants to install an Intel System update, and Dell wants to
install an Intel something or other:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/lokw0sjs/

Anyone install this particular Dell update? Problems?

I guess the Windows Intel-System will eventually get installed, since I
can't prevent that. Anyone familiar with that one?