Old March 9th 13, 06:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Eidelmaim[_15_]

Default My first real overclock

Hey guys.

Ok, so this is my first attempt at a overclock of my CPU,
currently i have a Intel cor i7 930 comes in at 2.9... my bios (asus
sabertooth x58 mobo) has a feature for overclocking the processor up to
3.2 as a auto clock... heres what i want to achieve... the current auto
clock only clocks to 3.0 under demand so the cpu is running at 2.9 all
the time until i start gaming than clocks to 3.2 ... i want to manual
clock to between 3.4 and 3.8 or if the cpu will take it stably 4.0 ... i
do have a aftermarket cooling solution that keeps my cpu at 38.c at
idle and does not go above 42.c under load (ambient case temp is 46.c)

the case i am using is a raidmax full tower with 8 cooling fans total
providing a positive pressure cooling flow with 2 fans exhausting out
the top, 2 fans are providing flow across my GTX 660 and 2 fans are
providing flow across the CPU cooling tower with one fan directly
attached to the tower its self.

so what i need to know firstly is.. can this CPU be clocked up to what i
want to achieve... as i am aware that intel put a limitation on some CPU
that prevents overclocking unless its a *unlocked* cpu.

and secondly, this is my first ever CPU overclock so i will need lots of
help and a detailed walkthrough so i can learn and better understand the
process of overclocking for future OC rigs.

i have included a few links to what this build looks like and the
cooling tower that is in this beast.

'Image 1'
(http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...ps10963823.jpg)
'image 2'
(http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...ps4ba62842.jpg)
'image 3'
(http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...ps3dbddc36.jpg)

Thanks again to the entire community for any help you all can provide.

Eidel.