Old June 6th 07, 11:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil Weldon

Default SST replacement chip for Winbond chip (Bios for A8N32-SLI)

'Skybuck' wrote, in part:
| My Asus A8N32-SLI motherboard came with a Winbond W39V080APZ BIOS
| CHIP.
|
| I think this SST chip could replace it:
_____

Since the SST chip is a package with either 48 pins or 48 BGA contacts, it
is not physically compatible with the Winbond chip. Since the chip contains
at most 1 MByte flash memory, it contains only a PART of the BIOS; just the
part that can be flashed updated. Try
http://www.biosman.com/bios-replacement.htm .

You can purchase a replacement chip programmed with your choice of BIOS
version, a blank replacement chip, or have your current BIOS chip
reprogrammed if you have committed a bad flash.

Phil Weldon

ups.com...