Old July 23rd 03, 11:24 PM
Jonas Carlsson

Michael Kimmer wrote:

Run PTEdit32.EXE (as admin) or PTEdit.EXE from the first rescue disk, find
the value $3C under *type* and change it back to the orginal file system
type. Guess it was FAT32, so change it back to $0B). If you cannot find the
$3C directly, click on "Goto EPBR" to find it...(EPBR = Extended Partition
Boot Record).
More info: http://www.powerquest.com/support/primus/id3851.cfm

Well, that seems to be the method which i understood was NOT recommended
when reading old posts to this list. I thought that was a way to get
more data loss than necessary. That recovery should be made by somehow
locating the actual position of the partition and editing the partition
tables or somethings. Does everyone agree that this PTEdit thing is my
best shot?