Old August 19th 04, 08:40 PM
Jesper Monsted

(Mark Smith) wrote in
om:
Ages and ages ago I saw a hardware RAID product that fitted in a 5.25"
drive bay and used 2.5" hard disks.

Does anyone here with a better memory than me know who makes such a
product ?

I basically want to make use of fast and quiet notebook drives and
stripe them for performance on my desktop PC .. want speed and silence
which isn't the easiest to have together :-)

You'd probably be better off with a single, good, normal 3.5" ATA drive.
Notebook drives aren't usually too snappy. For the price you're looking at,
a scsi drive in a noise-cancelling case is probably cheaper too.

Also are there any good IDE controllers about with a good lump of
cache on them ?

I believe Adaptec's has a normal DIMM slot on it.

--
/Jesper Monsted