Old January 15th 05, 04:34 PM
David Vair

Nvidia drivers on the website are just for reatil cards not notebooks, the manufacturer must supply
you with an updated driver(which most don't do).
--
Dave Vair
CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+

"Manfred Pressler" wrote in message
Michael Enzweiler schrieb:
I apologize if this problem has been addressed previously and I've missed it.

I need to update the video drivers for my wife's laptop (VPR Matrix 200A5, see full dxdiag report
below). According to dxdiag, it has an Nvidia GeForce4 420 Go 32M. So, I went to Nvidia's
website (VPR hasn't updated their driver links in ages), and I download the appropriate
installation file (66.93_win2kxp_english.exe) and run it. It seems to go fine, but once the
reboot takes place and I check the dxdiag for version/date information, it appears that the
driver update did not occur. What am I doing wrong, and how can I make the drivers update? The
Nvidia site suggests removing nvidia first, but it doesn't appear in the add/remove programs
listing. Much thanks and praise to anyone who can help me with this.

Michael

Hi Michael ,
Nvidia selber macht keine "offiziellen" Notebook Treiber.
Daher wuerde ich dir empfehlen mal ein wenig zu "googlen".Such dir einfach einen anderen Notebook
Hersteller der ebenfalls diese GraKa verbaut.Falls das nicht helfen sollte koenntest du vielleicht
hier mal schauen - http://www.omegadrivers.net.
Dort findest du in der Regel auch aktuellere Treiber fuer Notebook Geforces.

Hth
Manfred