Old May 14th 04, 02:53 PM
ME

"Paul"

49C isn't bad for a temperature. I don't know why Prime95 would be
failing with the disk drives in place. Prime95 should be just the
CPU and memory at work.

Yea. No reason to punish the 300W supply. As for the colors, that will
be the video card and not the software. After a test run with Far Cry,
try running a finger over the video card (touch your other hand to the
case first, to reduce the risk of zapping the card with an ESD
discharge). See if anything is too hot to hold a finger on. Some color
problems are due to overheating.

Yes I've been doing this along the way and other than the normal "caps" &
GPU/Memory being hot nothing. I alos noted the ATI fan is slowing down so I
added a Enermax 80MM fan above the Video card. Oh yea, I use a wrist strap
grounded to the house ground and that's grounded to a ground spike out by
the old Satalite mount. I also have one of those green antistatic desk mats
from when I worked at Compaq.

snip

I haven't run 3dmark03, and normally use the 2001se version. That is
because I haven't installed DX9. (Does the 3dmark03 still support the
online database feature ? In '2001 you could connect to the online
database and compare your system to other similar systems.)

3DMark2001SE on my P4B 1.8GHz Radeon 8500 at 1024x768:

AGP 2X - 7271 pts
AGP 4X - 7255 pts

Wow, I hope the difference is the program not the parts as the differance
between my P4 3.2Ghz -w- Radeon 8500 LE at 1024X768 in the 340 version and
yours is sad. I have installed a fresh 40 GB and Windows Xp Pro and after
curruptiuon on the old drive is an issue.

These numbers are about 1/3 of the current top numbers. Pretty good
for a computer that uses the old SDRAM.

They sound real good to me. What's your motherboard?

Your voltages are all fine. The PSU is normally rated for +/- 5%
tolerance (the spec may be on the label). Vcore load lines allow
more voltage variation than the 0.06V you list above, so nothing
too scary there.

Yea, just have to wait for a larger power supply.
ME