Old December 21st 03, 01:09 AM
k_yhz

I use Nero 6 Ultra and when you get to the dialogue box before
clicking "Burn" you have the option of setting the burn speed.
Typically, the maximum shown is the max that particular disk will
burn. Although I might add that some disks rated at 48x were only
recognized at 24x on my AOpen 5224 burner. I have also had a couple
failed burns at 48/52x but when I slowed 'er down to 32x they burned
fine.

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 22:33:01 GMT, "Alan" wrote:

I have various stacks of cdr media and the labels are sometimes missing. I
have installed new cd burner and wonder how I can tell what is the maximum
speed of the disks I have. Some are labeled 16x so I know about those -
what software can I download that tells me this. I use roxio easy cd
creator 5.35 which does not appear to have this.

alan

---