Old July 14th 10, 12:51 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Ed Light

Default Can a AM3 cpu work in a AM2 socket ( Asus M2A-VM ) ?

Surprise! I checked on a motherboard I used to build 2 people personal
computers, and that AM2 can also take some AM3 cpu's. Maybe this is more
common than I thought, although I don't think it's very well-known.

That one is the Gigabyte GA-M61SME-S2 with the geforce 6100 chipset.

This makes me happy that they won't need a new motherboard when they
upgrade from their Sempron cpu's.

--
Ed Light

Better World News TV Channel:
http://realnews.com

Iraq Veterans Against the War and Related:
http://ivaw.org
http://couragetoresist.org
http://antiwar.com

Send spam to the FTC at