Old March 9th 10, 01:35 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
mc

Default Compaq 4/25c

On Feb 28, 8:29*pm, Phil Gilmer wrote:
Phil Gilmer wrote:

Postman Delivers wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 11:14:32 -0800, mc wrote:

On Jan 27, 10:21 am, mc wrote:
I have a compaq 4/25c with a 2818 speedpaq 14.4 modem which works fine.
This modem has 2 plug ins. What is the 2nd plug in for (not a standard
phone plug)? I see on the web they call this modem an expansion module,
whatever that means. I have no manuaks for this computer but if anyone
has one I would sure like a copy. thanks mc
As a side note the second plug in has 8 conductors as though it were a
network plug, but a standard data plug does not fit.. mc
mc,

Reading this link, maybe it is a com port for an external modem...
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/12534-2-tomshardware

JR the postman

Modems of that era typically had a 2nd com port so that you could plug
the phone back in where you had presumably unplugged it to use the
modem. Note, if you do try this, note that the phone must be on-hook for
the modem to work. If you aren't using the modem, you should get dial
tone when you pick up the phone.

Phil

Sorry, that should be a second MODEM CONNECTOR!- Hide quoted text -

thanks JR and Phil, I wonder how I can find one of these plugs? it is
mostly a rectangular shaped plug in, but with one side higher and the
other side slightly lower than a standard network connector
mc