Old June 12th 19, 04:07 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Percival P. Cassidy

Default Prime Z370-A: hot-swap problem

On 6/11/19 10:29 PM, Paul wrote:

I have a front-panel-mounted drive bay and also an eSATA + USB2
docking station. I have hot-swap enabled for the appropriate SATA
ports, but hot-swapping does not work in either: the Prime Z370-A
motherboard (BIOS ver. 2001) recognizes when I remove a drive but does
not recognize that a different one has been plugged in.

OS is Manjaro Linux.

Any suggestions?

Perce

It's a popular topic, with plenty of semi-dangerous commands.

https://serverfault.com/questions/53...ped-in-without

For some reason, I like their "sudo partprobe", because it doesn't
appear to bludgeon all the ports as its method of operation.

[xxxx@xxxx-Manjaro-Desktop ~]$ sudo partprobe
[sudo] password for xxxx:
Warning: Unable to open /dev/sr0 read-write (Read-only file system).
/dev/sr0 has been opened read-only.
Warning: Unable to open /dev/sr0 read-write (Read-only file system).
/dev/sr0 has been opened read-only.
[xxxx@xxxx-Manjaro-Desktop ~]$

/dev/sr0 is the DVD drive.

Perce