Old June 5th 19, 09:31 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Percival P. Cassidy

Default External drives may contain refurbished drives!

On 6/5/19 3:56 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:

I just read a piece by BackBlaze discussing the best kinds of drives
to use for various purposes, and I noticed that they claim that
external drives *may* contain refurbished drives!

This could account for the reports on Amazon that the drives inside a
certain Seagate external drive had an unusual model number: I forget
the capacity, but instead of ending in 004 it ended in Z04, IIRC.

Perce

URL ?

Here's the URL for the BackBlaze piece:

https://www.backblaze.com/blog/hard-drive-buying-guide/